Thursday 25 October 2012

Recycling & Printing A Chair

So with my project, I felt like I was slipping away from the idea of re-use and recycling, and focussing mainly on the theme of the print.  To link it all back together I have been restoring some old chairs that I brought from a recycling centre, in which I got two solid wood chairs for £6! BARGIN! So remembering that my theme is still Oriental Patterns, here is my first look into recycling, restoring and printing. Hope you like! 


The state of the chairs when I brought them - they even had mould growing on them!


After the sanding and with the base coat.


Painting it an egg shell blue - glossy.


With the hand made stencil on, the idea for the stencil came from studying turkish tiles. 


Taking the stencil off and outlining it in gold for the oriental feel. 


Looking at peacock feathers.


And the finished product (for now, I might add some more down the line)... 

No comments:

Post a Comment